Montessori Graduate Summer 2021 Intensive Session
Students enrolled in the Montessori M.Ed. Program are required to complete the Educational Core courses (9-12 credits), which are offered each summer in a special intensive session at Loyola University's scenic Evergreen campus in Baltimore. **Due to continued pandemic risk, the 2021 summer session will be offered online only.** Students who are taking the Master’s concurrently with their AMI training will complete the summer intensive as a capstone to their program once all AMI comprehensive examinations are complete. Students in the Post-Diploma M.Ed. track will begin their program with the summer session and typically take 12 credits.
The upcoming summer capstone will run July 1 - August 16, 2021, with an intensive, synchronous course schedule between July 7-30. In order to reserve your spot in the session, students must submit a completed Reservation Form no later than January 31.
Update: International students may need to submit additional required documents by May 1st. Please choose from the following below as it applies to you:
- Students currently living/working inside the U.S. and hold a visa type that is not F-1 but allows full-time study, click here.
- Students who are currently in the U.S. who are in F-1 visa status may be able to transfer their immigration record to Loyola for the summer 2021 session depending on what the U.S. Department of Homeland Security immigration regulations will allow for summer 2021. Students seeking to transfer their F-1 immigration records, click here.
(!) Important Information (!)
- In order to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff during the escalating uncertainties of the COVID-19 situation, the 2021 summer intensive session will be delivered fully online. Therefore, classes which were scheduled to run on our Baltimore campus will now be delivered remotely, with both synchronous (live) and asynchronous content.
- We understand that, due to school closures during the pandemic, concurrent students may not be able to complete practice teaching requirements prior to the summer session. Students whose practicum hours have been extended to Fall 2021 may still be eligible to take the summer courses as long as all other requisites have been complete. However, students will not be eligible to graduate until all AMI and Loyola requirements are complete.
- Mark your calendars! Course registration will begin in April.
Students who are currently in F-1 status or have been in the process of applying for F-1 visa/I-20 immigration documents through Loyola, should contact the Office of International Student Services (OISS) to discuss your individual situation. You may call OISS at 410-617-5245, or email Ms. Nicole Sellino at firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule an appointment to discuss your particular immigration status/situation for this summer 2020. Their office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm EST.
Questions? Contact Greta Brueck at email@example.com.