M.Ed. in Educational Technology
Loyola's fully online Educational Technology graduate program is designed to help today’s teachers become educational technology leaders. We focus on ethical uses of technology for learning, social justice, and instructional design. The program is appropriate for teachers who wish to expand their use of technology in their own classroom, as well as those wishing to become technology leaders on the school, district, and national levels.
Class Duration: 8 weeks
Delivery: 100% Online
Next Admission Term: Spring 2024
Time of Completion: 2-5 years
Loyola University Maryland's Educational Technology Program is at the forefront of modern pedagogy by merging technology and inclusivity. It transforms educators into versatile leaders skilled in navigating the convergence of tech tools, student diversity, and social justice. Based on student-centered learning and a universal design approach, participants learn through various mediums, including podcasts, case studies, videos, and interactive textbooks catering to individual preferences. Participants gain a holistic understanding of instructional technology by learning how to use practical web-based tools like Nearpod and Flip, video editing software to create interactive videos, and how to implement established learning theories. The program also provides opportunities for participants to explore the biases of technology, empowering them to forge inclusive, impactful, technology-enriched learning spaces. The program ends with an individualized internship where graduate students apply their knowledge to help improve their own school or district.
Our unique M.Ed. program is nationally recognized by the International Society for Technology in Education.
Our 36-credit M.Ed. in Educational Technology program is offered fully online. The fully online format combines self-paced learning with live class meetings using our video-based web platform.
Our online program is well suited for currently practicing teachers or educational professionals interested in enhancing their instructional, technical, or pedagogical skills. The program allows our students to receive the highest caliber education without leaving their families, jobs, and communities.
The educational technology program may be taken part-time (to be completed in 2-5 years), which offers a self-paced opportunity to complete requirements over a longer period of time with courses delivered at times of the day that are convenient to full-time work schedules. Most students complete the program as part of a cohort in two years plus one semester.
- Engaging online courses that enable you to plan your coursework around your life.
- Internship completed in your own school or professional setting.
- All courses focused on the advantages and disadvantages of technology, and how to address both in the classroom.
- Small classes (typically 12-18 students) and cohort-based approach.
- Faculty who are experts in the fields of educational technology, leadership, social justice, and instructional design.
- Active professional networking throughout the program and beyond.
- Experiencing a digital classroom from a learner’s perspective as well as an educator’s.
- Learn with a diverse range of teachers from public and private schools in a variety of specialty areas.