When is the Library open?
Who can visit the Library?
- Current students, faculty, and staff of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University
- USMAI students, faculty, and staff with current university IDs may visit our library during the school semester; entrance will be restricted to LNDL patrons during final exams.
What should I expect when I visit?
- Food is permitted in the Cyber Café and Gallery
- Covered drinks are allowed and water filling stations are available
The library is operating with a modified masking policy based on each university’s guidelines:
For Loyola students, faculty, and staff'
- Tap your Loyola ID at the doors to enter
- Masks are optional in classroom space; masks are optional in study rooms
For Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff
- Swipe your Notre Dame ID at the doors to enter
- Masks are required in classroom space; masks are optional in study rooms
For USMAI students, faculty, and staff
- Use the buzzer at the door to alert security that you are here
- Swipe current university ID at front desk
Where can I return items?
Return LNDL, USMAI, or ILL books:
- At the book drop outside the Library
- At the book drop in Loyola’s Stamp-It
- At the Help Desk during building hours
Can I reserve a space for studying?
- Reservations are available for LUM and NDM students, faculty, and staff.
Can I visit the Archives & Special Collections?
- The Archives and Special Collections Reading Room is available to students, faculty, and staff of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University. Please make an appointment in advance of your visit by calling 410-617-6868 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.