About the Library
The Loyola Notre Dame Library provides information services and resources to support the academic programs and educational concerns of Notre Dame of Maryland University and Loyola University Maryland.
Through the Library’s website, faculty, students and staff may access an extensive array of books, journals, databases, and streaming video to support research, teaching, and learning.
Additionally, the Library provides access to collections at other partner libraries:
- Students, faculty and staff may request help in-person, via email, instant messaging, and telephone.
- Online chat reference is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Information about copyright is available through a resource guide, workshops and individual consultations provided by a librarian in the Copyright Information Center.
Need a space for discovery or private study?
The Loyola/Notre Dame Library is open 7 days a week during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- 693 individual seats are available for studying in addition to the learning spaces below:
- a 100 seat auditorium
- Two computer instructional labs, Lab A has 20 seats; Lab B has 30 seats
- a 24 seat screening room
- cyber café and a multi-functional gallery used for events and flexible study space
- group study areas
- seminar rooms
- 91 computers with Microsoft Office and access to the Internet
- Adaptive technology mainstreamed throughout the Library to provide access for disabled users
- Makerspace, a technology-rich environment that fosters creation, innovation, and collaborative learning.
Read about the library's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
As part of an ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, LNDL conducted an equity audit of hiring practices in the spring of 2021 and is currently working to implement the audit's recommendations.
Read about exciting developments at the library
Read The Gator and Greyhound Gazette to learn about the latest news and updates. Subscribe to email alerts by clicking on the "+" sign on the right and entering your email address.
See how the library supports research, teaching and learning
Regularly updated, the Library Impact Dashboard illustrates the key metrics behind all library services. The library supports the educational mission of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University by:
- Providing access to content and technology for students and faculty
- Creating physical and virtual environments that support research, teaching, and learning
- Developing campus collaborations to enable student and faculty fluency in locating, analyzing, synthesizing, and creating information ethically