Welcome to Loyola!
We are thrilled to have you join our community and are looking forward to meeting you! On this site, you will find orientation information, as well as resources to help you begin your journey here at Loyola University Maryland.
Summer Orientation 2023
Summer Orientation is a time for all new students and their families to join us on campus to learn more about the Loyola community, register for classes and housing, and meet new classmates. Registration for the in-person programs has closed and all sessions are filled.
**Virtual orientation is available for those unable to attend the in-person program. Please complete the Unable to Attend form to share details regarding your availability. Students will need to logon to The Bridge using their Loyola email credentials.
Logistics for Summer Orientation
- Parking is available at "The Triangle", located across from 208 E. Cold Spring Lane. Our orientation team along with SAFE staff will be available to direct you. Overflow parking is available at the Fitness & Aquatic Center (4900 N. Charles St)
- Check-in is available from 8:30-10:00 a.m. in the Boulder Atrium (1st Floor Andrew White Student Center) and the Welcome Session begins at 10:30 a.m. in Reitz Arena.
- Students will receive an email a week prior to their scheduled session with more detailed information. This email will ONLY be sent to their Loyola.edu email account.
For additional questions, please contact the Office of Student Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Welcome Weekend 2023
Fall Welcome Weekend the next step in our journey of onboarding our newest Greyhounds. This year, the program will take place during Labor Day weekend (August 31-September 4).
- Residential first-year students will move-in Thursday, August 31 and the Welcome Weekend program begins that afternoon.
- Residential transfer students will move-in on Saturday, September 2 and their program will begin later that afternoon.
- All aspects of Fall Welcome Weekend will be in person.
For more information, please visit our Fall Welcome Weekend website.