Good Stuff Campaign
Wondering what you're going to do with all the stuff you have accumulated this year? Worried about the stress of moving out after exams or on graduation day? The Good Stuff Campaign—Loyola's annual move-out recycling program—can help you! By donating your good stuff as you move out, you will be able to:
- lighten your load,
- move out of your residence hall more easily,
- make a significant contribution with little effort,
- give a gift that will keep on giving,
- help the environment,
- live out the Jesuit educational mission of Loyola.
The Good Stuff Campaign provides students with an opportunity to live out Loyola’s mission by donating their clothing, dishes, small appliances, and unopened food to local organizations in need.
Good Stuff Impact
Over the last 5 years the Good Stuff campaign has collected, sorted and distributed thousands of student items to local organizations.
Home Essentials Kits: 653 kits
Bedding and Clothing: 956 bags
Furniture and Small Appliances: 657+ items
Food: 232 boxes
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm interested in working as a student employee with the campaign -- how can I apply?
Applications coming soon.
The Good Stuff team helps collect, sort and distribute thousands of student items that would have otherwise ended up in the landfill during move out. Good Stuff employees also have the opportunity to participate in sustainability programming and trips throughout the campaign.
Where and when can I drop off donations?
The Good Stuff team will have collection locations inside the lobby of most resident halls. More information to come.
What types of items are collected?
Items that can be donated include:
- Household items (clean dishes, utensils, glasses, Rubbermaid storage/food containers, Swiffers, mops, blankets, towels, ironing boards etc.)
- Small working appliances (irons, toasters, lamps, microwaves etc.)
- Toiletries or other supplies that are completely unopened and unused
- Clothing (clean, wearable, buttons on, zippers working)
- Food (must be unopened and non-perishable) soups, canned vegetables, drink mixes, salad dressings, cereals, etc.
Items we cannot accept: Televisions, large or bulky furniture, broken or worn items, opened toiletries, or opened or perishable food items.
Who will benefit from the donations?
All donations will serve the Baltimore Furniture Bank in 2022.
What if I live off campus?
Is the campaign open to the public?
No, the campaign is not open to the public. The university chooses to work through established partner institutions as the most effective way to recycle and reuse the donated items. Only partner organizations are permitted to take donations.
I have additional questions. How can I contact someone about the Good Stuff Campaign?
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org