Students may review course offerings beginning February 5, 2021 using either of the following methods:
Go to inside.loyola.edu and login, then select Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning. On the home screen, select Course Catalog. Filter your search. Select section name hyperlinks for more information, including requisites, restrictions, and course descriptions. You must use Student Planning to actually register for courses.
Continuing, Degree-Seeking Students
- Student Planning registration opens to continuing, degree-seeking students on March 17, 2021, 7 a.m. Students who start out as full-time and then become part-time register on the same date as the students in the class year initially assigned to them; see Web Registration Dates under Full-Time Registration.
- In order to use Student Planning to register, students who have formally declared a major must receive prior electronic permission to register from their academic advisor.
- Be sure to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor prior to your registration date.
- Students who have not formally declared a major and have not had an advisor assigned to them should contact the Academic Advising and Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-617-5050 before registration begins in order to be given advising assistance and for electronic permission to register.
- Students who do not web register on March 17, 2021 must contact the Academic Advising and Support Center for registration assistance. Students who web register on this date can make changes through September 10, 2021.
For full instructions, please review the Web Registration Procedures.
Mail-in registrations are accepted from degree-seeking students March 17, 2021 – August 31, 2021. Thereafter, only in-person registrations are accepted through the late registration period, September 7 - September 10, 2021, once they have been signed by an administrator from the Academic Advising and Support Center (MH 138). If office is closed, contact AASC at email@example.com or 410-617-5050 for assistance.
New, Degree-Seeking Students
- New students may not register for courses unless their application for admission has been approved.
- New students must register in person at AASC (MH 138).
- After completion of the registration process, be certain to check Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning > Go to Plan & Schedule to review your term calendar and confirm accurate registration processing. This schedule displays finalized classroom assignments approximately two weeks prior to the start of classes.
Readmitted, Special, and Visiting Students
- Students who have not registered for courses for at least one of the three previous semesters (including summer) must reapply to the Office of Undergraduate Admission and be readmitted.
- Special students are students who have earned four-year college degrees and who wish to take courses without pursuing an additional degree at Loyola. Special students must submit an application accompanied by the official college transcript that verifies receipt of a bachelor's degree. Students with a Loyola bachelor's degree are not required to submit a transcript.
- Visiting students are students who take courses at Loyola that count toward a degree at another institution (either a high school or another college). Visiting students must submit an application and official copies of all college transcripts.
- Returning students may register in person or by mail. Mail-in registrations are accepted April 15, 2021 – August 31, 2021.
- Thereafter, only in-person registrations are accepted through the late registration period, September 7 - September 10, 2021, once they have been signed by an administrator from AASC (MH 138). Students may also contact AASC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-617-5050 for assistance.
Using Student Planning
Access the Undergraduate User's Guide for instructions on using Student Planning Add/Drop.
To use mail-in registration:
Complete legibly and accurately an Undergraduate Part-Time Registration Request Form, available at the Records Office (MH 141), or call 410-617-2708 to have a form mailed to you.
Important: Course entries must include the section number after the course key; ex., CH101.01 General Chemistry I.
Submit the registration form early; courses fill and close.
After completion of the registration process, be certain to check Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning > Go to Plan & Schedule to review your term calendar and confirm accurate registration processing. Review course selections in green and /or check the left side bar for the word 'Registered'. If the course is not green and not marked 'Registered', then registration is not complete. This schedule displays finalized classroom assignments approximately two weeks prior to the start of classes.
Students who have not registered by August 31, 2021 must go to AASC (MH 138) during business hours to register in person, September 7 - September 10, 2021. AASC is also available at email@example.com or 410-617-5050. A bill is mailed to the student's permanent home address after registration.
Students are responsible for knowing the regulations governing registration, withdrawal, and payment of tuition as summarized on this website and given in detail in the undergraduate catalogue. The University reserves the right to make any changes to scheduled course offerings and to cancel any class for which there is insufficient enrollment.