Students may review course offerings beginning February 5, 2021 using the following method:
- Login to inside.loyola.edu, then select Loyola Self-Service > Course Catalog. Filter your search. Select section name hyperlinks for more information, including requisites, restrictions, and course descriptions. You must use Student Planning to actually register for those courses.
Once the course schedule becomes available, students can add classes to planned sections prior to the start of registration. Adding classes to planned sections eliminates the need to search for sections at time of registration, but does not save a space in the class. On the day of registration, students must complete the process in order to enroll.
Web Registration Dates
Web Registration is open as follows:
- Class of 2022: March 17, 2021
- Class of 2023: March 24, 2021
- Class of 2024: April 14, 2021
- Class of 2025: June 17-29, 2021
Registration assistance will be available on the dates specified above. Visit the Academic Advising and Support Center (AASC, located in MH 138), 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Completed and signed specialized study forms and any special permissions may be submitted to AASC by 4 p.m., on the dates specified above. Otherwise, specialized study forms must be submitted to the Records Office (MH 141) by the close of the registration period, September 10, 2021. Special permission forms must be submitted to the Academic Advising and Support Center (MH 138) no later than September 10, 2021.
Making Alternative Arrangements for Registration
Students who cannot be present at their assigned registration time must contact AASC no later than the day prior to the assigned registration time to make alternative arrangements. Students are required to present a written statement explaining the reason for the absence and indicating their desired registration option, as listed below:
Option 1: Submit the completed Undergraduate Registration Request Form with alternative course selections and all necessary signatures to AASC prior to the assigned registration date.
The registration is entered at the designated registration appointment time. It is important to list alternative courses in the event that the courses or sections chosen are closed. The data entry operator makes every effort to process the registration as submitted; however, if all choices and reasonable options are exhausted, the student's registration is not complete. It is the student's responsibility to contact AASC to verify that the registration is complete and to make any necessary adjustments after the initial registration has been processed.
Option 2: Register on the assigned day any time after the scheduled appointment time. Students may use Student Planning any time after their assigned start time on the dates specified above.
Students who do not have the necessary criteria such as Course Permission Slips or electronic permission, required requisites, incorrect major/minor/specialization, etc., are not registered for course(s) requiring this criteria. All other course requests are processed. Students are expected to complete the necessary paperwork or contact AASC. Priority in course selection is lost.
Web Registration Procedures
Supported Browsers and Tips
Web Registration is supported in the following browsers:
|PC (latest version)
||Macintosh (latest version)
- Internet Explorer
Prior to Registration
- Review the Records Office website for the complete academic calendar and full registration procedures.
- Know your Inside Loyola username and Password. For assistance with password resets, contact the Help Center prior to registration using one of the following options:
- Telephone Support: Call 410-617-5555. Students must have their Loyola ID number.
- Walk-In Support: Knott Hall 003. Students must have their Loyola ID card.
- For information about recovering a forgotten password, visit the Help Center website.
- Review the Degree Audit in Student Planning by selecting Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning > Go To My Progress for the following information:
- To view assigned advisor select Program Notes
- To view major, specialization, and/or minor information on record
- Check your major and minor information, as some courses are restricted accordingly. Course prerequisites and restrictions are available via Course Catalog (select course title hyperlink).
- If information needs to be updated, please submit the appropriate, signed form(s).
- Questions regarding Degree Audits may be directed to the Academic Advising and Support Center (AASC):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 410-617-5050
- Visit Maryland Hall 138
- Review the “Understanding Degree Audit” documentation on the AASC website
- Meet with your academic advisor for permission to register prior to registration, and ensure that your advisor has given electronic permission before leaving the meeting.
- If your advisor signed your registration form but did not give you electronic permission to register, bring the signed form to the Records Office (MH 141) to receive electronic permission prior to your registration time.
- Waiting until the day of registration to get your advisor's electronic or written signature may delay registration. Advisors may not have scheduled office hours for that day. Registrations cannot be processed without the advisor's electronic or written signature.
- Students are responsible for making certain that all degree course requirements are completed, including courses in the core, the major, the minor, and the total number of courses and credits. Refer to Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning > Go to My Progress and confer with your advisor.
- Check the following information by selecting Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning > Go to Plan & Schedule
- Adviser approval to register - check under the Advising tab in the Note History
- Assigned registration time - After you have advisor approval, go to Plan & Schedule for the registration term or check your email for registration information
- Any applicable registration holds that may prevent registration at the assigned time
- Study Abroad Students: follow instructions from the Office of International Programs
- Search for course offerings in Student Planning through one of the following two options:
- 1. Loyola Self-Service > Course Catalog > Subject Search
- Explore the catalogue of courses by subject
- Please note: students can only officially register from Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning.
- 2. Loyola Self-Service > Course Catalog > Advanced Search
- Select term and other fields to perform a search
- Search up to 3 subjects at a time
- Course types are as follows:
- Interdisciplinary majors
- Interdisciplinary minors
Undergraduate Web Registration
Use Student Planning from any computer with web access:
- Web registration access information and Student Planning user instructions are sent via Loyola email. If you do not receive this information within one week of your registration date, please contact the Records Office, 410-617-2659 or 2256.
- Have all of your materials ready so you can promptly begin the registration process. Be sure to have your advisor's signature or electronic permission and any necessary forms and signatures before registering.
- On your assigned registration day and time, log into Inside Loyola, then select Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning > Go to Plan & Schedule.
- Once you have finished web registering, be certain to check Loyola Self-Service > Student Planning > Go to Plan & Schedule to view the term calendar and confirm accurate registration processing.
- Carefully review your calendar to ensure all registered courses show as green and/or check the left side bar for the word 'Registered'. If courses are not in green and not marked 'Registered', then registration is not complete.
- This schedule displays finalized classroom assignments approximately two weeks prior to the start of classes.
Using Student Planning
Access the Undergraduate User's Guide for instructions on using Student Planning Add/Drop.
Students who do not web register must go to AASC (MH 138) during business hours to register in person, April 15, 2021 – September 10, 2021. Priority in course selection is lost.
Students are responsible for knowing the regulations governing registration, withdrawal, and payment of tuition as summarized on this website and given in detail in the undergraduate catalogue. The University reserves the right to make any changes to scheduled course offerings and to cancel any class for which there is insufficient enrollment.