Join our Team!
LGBTQ+ Services Graduate Assistant for Spring 2021
The collective of offices providing services to Loyola's LGBTQPIA+ student community is now accepting applications for the Spring 2021 LGBTQ+ Graduate Assistant. Reporting directly to Brandon Muncy, LGBTQ+ Services Coordinator for the Counseling Center, the LGBTQ+ Services Graduate Assistant provides leadership and administrative support for various support and outreach initiatives. Partnering with the Counseling Center, Student Life, Campus Ministry, ALANA Services, OutLoyola, CCSJ, and various student organizations, ideal candidates thrive in team collaborative settings.
Along with maintaining and strengthening current LGBTQPIA+ initiatives and services, the GA is also charged with the completion of a semester Capstone Project targeted to:
- Improving resources for Loyola's queer community
- Providing education around LGBTQPIA+ issues and needs
- Increasing visibility of LGBTQPIA+ history, celebrations, and contributions to the Loyola community
- Developing advocacy and leadership training for undergraduate students in Loyola's queer community
- Connecting Loyola to Baltimore-based queer resources and community partners
- Bachelors degree
- Enrolled in a full-time graduate program at Loyola
- Have an interest in, and enthusiasm for, LGBTQ+ advocacy, interests, advancement of services on campus, and increased visibility for students.
- Have strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Willingness to work with and mentor undergraduate students
- Experience and comfort with facilitating and presenting to groups, organizing, and/or planning programs/events
- Evidence of self-awareness and commitment to ongoing reflection to support others on similar journeys
- Basic understanding and mastery of helping skills
- Demonstrated initiative and self-accountability
- Creativity and willingness to try new things
- Willingness to work in a team setting
- Availability for day-time meetings and some night and weekend events
Scope and Responsibility:
- Create, plan, and carry out capstone service project to improve campus climate for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Review and update LGBTQ+ Services Page
- Monitoring and managing the LGBTQservices@loyola.edu email account and referring inquiries to appropriate resources.
- Provide assistance to the Coordinator of LGBTQ+ Services with management and execution of services including but not limited to:
- Managing peer mentorship program.
- Planning and running leadership and mentor training for mentors; annual leadership summit, mandatory mentor check-ins, program planning workshop, leadership transition training
- Managing and tracking all IgnatianQ planning information.
- Manage Pride Resource Room event reservations.
- Monitor and manage physical and virtual resources in Pride Resource Room.
- Perform other duties as assigned by LGBTQ+ Services Coordinator including but not limited to spaces reservations, data management, social media management, and transportation reservations
Hours & Wages:
- 15-17 hours per week (no more than 300 hours per semester)
- 50/50 Scholarship/Stipend ($2,478/$2,478)
- Complete our online application where you will be asked to submit a resume, cover letter, and brief answers to two questions
- Please briefly describe how serving as the LGBTQ+ Services Graduate Assistant will enhance your own personal, professional, or academic goals.
- In what ways has your past work experience or academic experience contributed to your understanding of the diverse needs of the LGBTQPIA+ community across race, gender, and/or faith background?
- Priority Application Deadline: January 29th 2021
- Eligible candidates will be invited to one 30-minute interview during early February.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Brandon Muncy, LGBTQ+ Services Coordinator for the Counseling Center - email@example.com
Associate Director for Inclusion & Community Development
Office of Student Life
LGBTQ+ Services Coordinator
LGBTQ+ Services Graduate Assistant