Loyola's Language Learning Center helps instructors bring technology into the classroom and also offers the option of holding class sessions in our collaboration lab or two video viewing rooms. The LLC can be used for everything from showing students a feature film, to leading a technology-driven class session, to having students create, film, and edit their own short movies in our video editing room. All of the equipment necessary for these activities and a significant foreign language film collection is available at the LLC, as is technical assistance for both instructors and students.
To request services from the LLC, complete the corresponding form via the links below, or simply email LoyolaLLC@loyola.edu and include all necessary information.
- Assistance planning departmental events including advertising, room reservation, and more. Please complete this form two weeks prior to the event.
- Computer lab reservations for class sessions involving online workbook activities, internet research, listening and recording activities, and Virtual Language Exchanges.
- Movie reservations and showings in Video Viewing Rooms outside of class time
- Video Viewing Room reservations to show a film during classtime or use the webcam (connected to the TV) for group video chat using Zoom.
- Put personal or LLC-owned media on reserve, allowing students to view them in the LLC.
- Equipment and media loans, including video and still cameras, tripods, microphones, movies, digital audio recorders, CD players, adaptor cables for showing presentations on a Mac, portable printers, etc.
- All other tasks including filming classes or events; video and audio editing; converting VHS to DVDs; burning music, DVDs, or other media (within copyright restrictions); digitizing media and saving it on the LLC server network (within copyright restrictions); scanning, photocopying, and library runs; etc..
- And much more - just ask us!