Loyola University Maryland’s Office of International Student Services (OISS) strives to promote and enrich the academic and cultural experience of the international community.
The OISS acts as a liaison to the University for international and exchange students. OISS provides many services to students at all levels in their educational career:
- Advise international students regarding personal, immigration/visa, academic, social, and acculturation issues.
- Inform international students about changes in immigration regulations and about upcoming events via email, social media, and the OISS web site.
- Provide workshops on cultural adjustment, reentry issues, career planning, tax filing, and other topics.
- Welcome international students to Loyola University Maryland and the U.S. through the Global Greyhound team (GGs), a group of Loyola students dedicated to help enrich international students’ aboard experience.
Who We Serve
- International students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees.
- Exchange Students.
OISS Services and Programs
- Document Processing and Advising: F-1 student visas, and U.S. tax filing requirements for non-residents.
- Assistance with Living Abroad: Advice on personal adjustments and cross-cultural matters and referrals and/or advocacy efforts on behalf of international students to on and off campus service providers.
- Fall/Spring/Summer International Student Orientation: Orientations cover academic expectations, immigration regulations, campus life, and cultural adjustment for new students.
- Training: Job Success Strategies, Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 visa holders.
Contact Ms. Bhatia with questions related to your application, your F-1 visa, orientation, as well as any other immigration questions or concerns.