A glimpse at Université Paul Valéry
Montpellier by a Loyola students
Apply to this Program
Montpellier, France is accessible to Paris, the French Riviera, Spain and Italy. It is surrounded by sandy beaches and seaports. Université Paul Valéry is one of the most prestigious universities on the French Mediterranean coast.
Criteria for Acceptance
- Typically sophomores and juniors with a cumulative average of 3.0, but also students with a 2.5 average should apply;
- Students who can find courses which fit their Loyola program and allow full-time participation; and
- Students who are neither on disciplinary probation nor have a history of serious disciplinary problems should apply.
- Consult the Office of International Programs as early as possible to get assistance on course selections at Loyola so that you are prepared for Montpellier;
- This program is best suited for French majors, or French minors who have a humanities major; and
- An intermediate level of the French language is required for all students.
Disclaimer: In case of strikes or unexpected disruption to the academic semester Loyola University will work with the host university abroad to provide additional support or other academic arrangements to enable students to complete their coursework in agreement with the rules and regulations of the host university and the laws of the host country. Loyola University Maryland will not makes any changes to its course, grade, or credit transfer policies following such circumstances.
Length of Stay
- This program is for the fall or spring term, or for the full academic year;
- There is a pre-session before classes begin;
- Classes start in early September and end in late December for the fall term; and
- The spring term classes run from early January until mid May.
This program includes:
- Tuition (including a pre-session intensive language program)
- Round-trip airfare to Montpellier (based on program dates)
- Students are eligible for consideration for all forms of federal, state, institutional and private sources of aid, except the Federal Work-Study Program. Students studying abroad for a semester or full academic year will forfeit the value of a Federal Work-Study assignment;
- Tuition is paid to Loyola;
- Student pays for his/her own housing expenses in France. Room expenses vary;
- Homestay programs include 2 meals/day.
The application must be submitted by 11:59 pm on the second Wednesday after Thanksgiving break for fall, spring, or full year.
This is a working list of the course equivalencies for the Loyola-Montpellier exchange.
The course approvals and equivalencies provided are the most current for the Office of International Programs. Once accepted to a study abroad program, students will have an academic interview with the appropriate director and will be advised on their course selection.
All credits and grades transfer back to Loyola, they affect your GPA, and they appear on your Loyola transcript.
Apply to this Program