NOTE: Students must attend a STUDY ABROAD 101 Information Session AND a program specific information session in order to apply.
Apply on TerraDotta
Students must submit applications through our Application Portal (TerraDotta). Once you have logged in, click on "Programs" in the menu and select the program you are interested in to begin your application!
Terra Dotta link: https://studyabroad.loyola.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Abroad.Home
Minimum Requirements for Acceptance
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 are eligible to study abroad for the semester or year. Please note that some programs require a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Students that are interested in study abroad for the semester or year are encouraged to apply by the second Wednesday after Thanksgiving break even if they do not meet the 2.75 GPA minimum so they can ask to be reconsidered for a spring program.
- Students must be able to find courses that will fit their Loyola program and allow a full time course load while abroad (15 to 30 credits).
- Students that have a history of serious disciplinary problems or that are on disciplinary probation with Loyola are not eligible for study abroad.
- Students must have a declared major to apply to study abroad.
- Students must have junior standing while abroad. Students can appeal if they need to study abroad in the spring of their sophomore year.
Two Step Process to Apply
Step 1: All students must attend one Study Abroad 101 during the fall of their sophomore year. Students are encouraged to attend program specific Information Sessions as well.
Step 2: Click the "Apply to this program" button on the page of your first choice program. Complete the online application and submit it. The deadline to apply to study abroad is December 6, 2023; students can submit applications starting after October 1st!
Please note: We must receive a complete application by the December 6th deadline.
Any applications received after December 6th, 2023 will not be considered.
Short Answer Questions
- Why have you decided to apply to study abroad and why do you believe you are a strong candidate for your chosen programs?
- What challenges do you anticipate facing while studying abroad and what courses and/or experiences have you had that can help prepare you for these challenges?
- Please explain how studying abroad will help you achieve academic and/or professional goals both at Loyola and after graduation.
- Choose one or two of the themes listed below and explain how you plan to incorporate the theme within your study abroad experience.
Racial Justice, Gender Equality, Intersectionality of Diversity, Environmental Sustainability & Sustainable Solutions,
Community Engagement & Leadership, Ignatian Citizenship.
Students must attend an Information Session before the deadline.
Students must apply by 11:59 p.m on DECEMBER 6th, 2023 of their sophomore year in order to study abroad in the spring or fall of their junior year.
**IMPORTANT: once you submit your application with your study abroad choices, you will NOT be able to change them!
Please contact the Office of International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org to get current application deadlines for summer programs and study tours.
Please refer to our Application FAQ page if you have questions about the application process.