Fall 2020 Study Abroad Programs Closed
Read the latest letter from OIP regarding the closure of Loyola's fall study abroad programs.
More than 60 percent of Loyola students participate in the university's extensive study abroad program. Loyola sponsors study abroad opportunities in over 20 countries and also assists students in applying to a variety of external opportunities each year.
Most students go abroad in their junior year, usually for a single semester, although full-year, summer and holiday study tours may also be available. There are study abroad programs taught in English, total immersion programs taught in the native language, or combinations of the two. Loyola has developed study abroad opportunities to accommodate all majors, but you should begin planning for your international study experience as soon as possible, especially if you plan to major in business, math, or science.
Pass/No Credit Grading Form:
Spring 2020 study abroad students: If needed, complete and submit the Study Abroad P/NC Grading Form to your program director by April 28.
Loyola continues to monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation very closely with the recommendations of the Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and the advice and information we receive from our colleagues and host universities abroad. The University is in touch with students studying abroad and their families to ensure they have the most updated information. Please visit the Coronavirus Updates page for the University's latest updates.
Learn more about study abroad from our Dean!
Hear from the Dean of International Programs, Dr. Colombat, in a comprehensive presentation about Study Abroad at Loyola. His presentation answers many common questions about the admission process and requirements, how study abroad can fit into your career at Loyola, and all the different opportunities and programs available to students!
News about Study Abroad
Please keep in mind that study abroad information, dates, benefits, and fees are subject to change without notification. You are encouraged to contact the Office of International Programs directly for the most up-to-date information regarding any study abroad programs offered at Loyola.
- Our Photo Schedule for Spring 2020 is updated! If you need a passport or ID size photo taken, check the times offered and come in at your convenience!
- Our programs in Alcalá and Madrid are merging into one! Students can now study at the University of Alcala and live in Madrid or Alcala.
- Leuven, Belgium, is now being offered as a Fall semester, Spring semester, or year-long program. For a closer look at the Leuven program, watch this video!
- Amsterdam and Cape Town will be offered during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Service Opportunity in Haiti! Contact the Office of International Programs for more information.
- Check out our new Study Tour opportunities!