Welcome to Loyola University Maryland and congratulations on joining our community! The office of human resources strives to create a workplace and working community which models for our students "strong truths, well lived."
As an employee, you are eligible for an excellent benefits package that includes an array of health plan options, perks and discounts, and an opportunity to work with faculty, staff, and other members of our community who enrich our university—and the community beyond our campus—in so many ways.
During this self-guided orientation, you will complete the following steps:
Step 2: Enroll in Benefits
Access to the benefits enrollment system is available one week after your hire date. You will need your employee username and password. Contact technology services at 410-617-5555 if you need technical assistance.
Enrollment must be completed within 30 days from your hire date. Log into Inside.Loyola, scroll down to Resources for Employees, and click the Benefit Enrollment link.
Step 3: Review Additional Benefits at Your Own Pace
Now that you have completed your enrollment, take some time to view our additional benefits.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan: New employees must complete a full year of service to be eligible for Loyola's contribution, unless they have satisfied the eligibility requirements at another four-year higher education institution immediately preceding their Loyola employment start date. To determine if they qualify, the employee must send the Retirement Verification Form to their previous employer for completion. New employees may participate at any time during their first year of employment however, Loyola's contribution will not begin until they are automatically enrolled after completing their first year of eligible service. Read more about the retirement plan here.
- Paid Time Off: Click this link to read about how employees accrue paid time off. New employees may accrue paid leave during their provisional period, however they can not use their accrued leave until they have successfully completed their provisional period.
- Paid Holiday Schedule: Click this link to view the holiday schedule. New employees are eligible for paid holidays during their provisional period.
- Employee Assistance Program: Click this link to read about the EAP. Benefits-eligible employees may use the EAP after completing 6 months of employment. EAP services includes counseling/therapy, daycare/adult daycare locator, will preparation, and financial wellness to mention a few.
- Tuition Remission: Click this link to view Loyola's tuition remission program, including Tuition Exchange and FACHEX Programs. New employees are eligible after completing a full year of continuous service. The spouse and dependent child(ren) of full-time employees are also eligible for tuition remission benefits. Complete eligibility rules, including the required waiting periods are available on the tuition remission website.
- Child Care Voucher Program: The CCVP is available to benefits-eligible employees beginning with the month following their date of hire. Click this link for more information.
- Perks and Discounts
If you require additional assistance or have specific questions about benefits, please contact the Benefits & Wellness unit at 410-617-1365 or 410-617-1368.
Questions about your employment may be answered by the resources below.
Important Employment Resources
If you require additional assistance related to your employment, please contact your Human Resources Partner at 410-617-2354 or your supervisor who will direct you to the appropriate contact.