Welcome to Loyola University Maryland and congratulations on joining our community! The office of human resources strives to create a workplace and working community which models for our students "strong truths, well lived."
As a benefits-eligible employee, you will have access to an excellent benefits package that includes an array of health plan options, perks and discounts, and an opportunity to work with faculty, staff, and other members of our community who enrich our university—and the community beyond our campus—in so many ways.
During this self-guided orientation, you will complete the following steps:
Step 2: Enroll in Benefits
Access to the benefits enrollment system is available one week after your hire date. You will need your employee username and password. Contact technology services at 410-617-5555 if you need technical assistance.
Enrollment must be completed within 30 days from your hire date. Log into Inside.Loyola, scroll down to Resources for Employees, and click the Benefit Enrollment link.
Step 3: Review Additional Benefits and Important Information at Your Own Pace
Now that you have completed your enrollment, take some time to review the following additional benefits and important employment information. Please note the following are brief summaries for informational purposes only. For the full policy and program details, all faculty should refer to the Faculty Handbook and all staff and administrators should refer to the Staff and Administrator Policy Manual.
- Human Resources: Directory of human resources staff.
- Employment Information for New Employees
- Administrators and Staff Policy Manual
- Faculty Handbook
- 403(b) Retirement Plan: Benefits-eligible full-time, core, and 4/5ths faculty, administrators, and staff are eligible to enroll in the 403b plan and make tax-deferred payroll contributions immediately. Loyola will contribute to their 403b after they have completed the 1 year waiting period. However, it may be possible to waive the waiting period if they have satisfied the eligibility requirements at another four-year higher education institution immediately preceding (right before) their Loyola employment start date. To determine eligibility they must send the Retirement Verification Form to their previous employer for certification. Part-time faculty, administrators, and staff are eligible to enroll and make tax-deferred payroll contributions however they are not eligible for Loyola's contribution.
- Paid Time Off
- All regular full-time and part-time administrators and staff accrue vacation and sick leave every pay period. Paid leave will be available to use after their provisional period is successfully completed.
- Executives do not accrue paid leave. Please contact Benefits & Wellness at 410-617-1368 with questions.
- Faculty do not accrue paid leave. They should contact their Chair or refer to the Faculty Handbook.
- Paid Holiday Schedule: All regular full-time and part-time faculty, administrators, and staff are eligible for paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Program: Benefits-eligible full-time, core, and 4/5ths faculty, administrators, and staff will have access to all free services provided by the EAP after they have completed 6 months of employment. EAP services includes counseling/therapy, daycare/adult daycare locator, will preparation, and financial wellness to mention a few.
- Tuition Remission: Benefits-eligible full-time faculty, administrators, and staff and their legal spouses and dependent children are eligible for tuition remission benefits. Regular core, 4/5ths, and part-time faculty, administrators, and staff are eligible for tuition remission benefits on a pro-rated basis. Their legal spouse and dependent children are not eligible for tuition remission benefits. Tuition remission applies only to tuition charges. Complete eligibility rules, including the required waiting periods are available on the tuition remission webpage.
- Child Care Voucher Program: Benefits-eligible employees may participate in the program following 1 month of employment.
- Perks and Discounts
Important Employment Resources
If you require additional assistance related to your employment, please contact your Human Resources Partner at 410-617-2354 or your supervisor who will direct you to the appropriate contact.