Welcome to Disability and Accessibility Services (DAS) at Loyola University Maryland!
Loyola University Maryland welcomes and supports students with disabilities. Consistent with our core values and in support of our strategic plan, we appreciate the diversity that students with disabilities bring to the University.
Disability and Accessibility Services' mission is to provide students with disabilities the equal opportunity to participate in all Loyola programs and activities so students can learn, lead, and serve in a diverse and changing world. The DAS staff ensures students have equal access to Loyola programs and activities by eliminating barriers (e.g., physical, programmatic, attitudinal, or electronic). Disability and Accessibility Services reviews students' requests for accommodations and helps arrange appropriate and reasonable supports and modifications so that students may fully participate in life at the University.
Questions, comments, or concerns? Contact Disability and Accessibility Services.
Information for Students Working with DAS for the First Time
Registering for DAS
Welcome! We look forward to working with you during your studies at Loyola. We are happy to discuss the accommodation process at Loyola University Maryland. Please email us at DAS@loyola.edu if you want to set up a time to talk in person, by Zoom, or by phone.
Students can submit accommodation requests anytime during their studies at Loyola, but accommodations are not retroactive. Therefore, we encourage all students to submit their requests for accommodations as early as possible. Here is a link to our Registration Process.
We are located in Maryland Hall 141.
Except for University holidays or closings, the DAS staff will be available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Student Appointments and Meeting
- Students can request in-person meetings or Zoom meetings.
- Appointments are needed.
- Email DAS and ask to meet with a DAS advisor.
- Presently enrolled Loyola students seeking accommodations should review the DAS registration page on the DAS website. You can apply and upload documentation online.
- We are happy to talk to newly admitted first-year student if you have questions about accommodations at Loyola. If you are going to request accommodations for the fall semester, please register with DAS after May 15th.
- If you have questions about registering with DAS, please email DAS, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. In this email, please tell us if you want to speak to someone in person or by phone, your name, phone number, and a convenient time to get back to you.