Here are some additional resources that might be helpful as you consider options for emotional support.
Finding a Local Mental Health Provider
To find a local therapist and/or psychiatrist:
- Contact your insurance provider for a list of local providers who accept your insurance. Look at your insurance card or insurance-company website for information about how to do so.
- Your insurance carrier may have a provision for teletherapy services. Contact your insurance company for information.
- Your primary-care doctor’s office may be able to provide referral suggestions to you.
- Psychology Today will allow you to locate local therapists who accept your insurance.
Other Teletherapy Resources
- Talkspace Online Therapy – online counseling by text, audio or video messaging at an affordable cost
- Better Help – professional online counselors available 24/7, private and affordable
- Note: please feel free to connect with a counselor at the LUM Counseling Center to learn more about accessing these options or discussing counselor fit.
Mental Health Hotlines
- For Loyola University Maryland Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- After-hours Counselor Line: 410-617-5530
- Emotional Support Help Line: 866-342-6892
- Free access to specially trained mental health specialists to support people who may be experiencing anxiety or stress following the recent developments around COVID-19. Provided by Optum, the toll-free help line number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for as long as necessary. The service is free of charge and open to anyone.
- Local (Baltimore and Surrounding Areas)
- Baltimore Crisis Response, Inc. (BCRI): 410-433-5175
- Baltimore County Response System: 410-931-2214
- First Call for Help: 410-685-0525 or 211
- Grassroots Crisis Line (Central Maryland): 410-531-6677
- Crisis Text Line – free, 24/7, confidential text message service for those in crisis – text HELP to 741741
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
- LGBTQ+ Hotline (The Trevor Project): 866-488-7386
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255