Join the Campus Ministry 2024-2025 Intern Team!
Campus Ministry is excited to offer students a paid work opportunity to build valuable professional experience, contribute to the mission of our office and to serve the community at Loyola. Learn more about the application process, positions and expectations for the role!
Campus Ministry Interns must possess strong interpersonal skills including communication, organization, flexibility and collaboration. Interns must demonstrate professionalism through dependability, responsibility, initiative, leadership, accountability and strong time-management.
Campus Ministry Interns must also possess:
- Willingness to grow and share in a faith-based community;
- Ability and desire to collaborate and work on a team;
- Willingness to participate in team and peer ministry;
- Appreciation of the role of faith development as part of a Jesuit education;
- Basic understanding of and previous experience with community service and social justice, and broader issues of faith and justice;
- Willingness to learn about and work with sensitivity to diversity and privilege;
- Ability to engage students in educational opportunities;
- Ability to dialogue with persons with diverse political and ideological views, and to be open to working with them to create educational opportunities;
- Respect for supervision, peers, the office and partnership; and
- Meet all position-specific qualifications listed in the Campus Ministry Internship Position Descriptions.
In addition, Campus Ministry Interns must meet the following criteria:
- Be rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors;
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75;
- Complete the application and interview process by the stated deadlines;
- Be in good conduct standing with the college. A judicial review will be conducted for all applicants; and
- Be available for the entire 2024-25 academic year. Due to the intern roles and training requirements, we are not able to accept half-year interns.
If you are selected and choose to accept the Campus Ministry Intern position, you must agree to:
- Commit to working approximately 10-15 hours per week depending on the position;
- Decline Evergreen, Resident Assistant, CCSJ Internships, SGA Executive Board, Varsity Athletics, MAP Navigator, OAE Leader or any other campus position that conflicts with the fall training and retreat;
- Not hold additional employment or commitments that exceed 12 hours per week total;
- Maintain or improve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 throughout the internship;
- Abide by all of the policies and regulations of Loyola’s Code of Student Conduct, as well as those of federal and local jurisdictions;
- Provide phone/front desk coverage one to two hours per week; assist students, faculty, staff, and guests with retreat registrations, Mass cards, appointments, etc. and complete office tasks. Provide a friendly, welcoming presence for all who enter Cohn Hall
- Will assist CM professional and student staff with additional initiatives as needed
- Will attend all mandatory events and activities indicated by CM professional staff, and will support CM professional and student staff with attendance at other events as availability permits
- Meetings & Trainings;
- Attend and participate in the fall training and retreat in August 20-22, 2024.
- Participate in regular racial justice training with CM team.
- Participate in weekly one-on-one meetings with supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings one Friday each month from 3-5pm and intern formation dates as scheduled.
- Participate in the following activities:
- September: Mass of the Holy Spirit
- December: Lessons & Carols
- Early February: Hope and Renewal Interfaith Prayer Service
- Other events as assigned; and
- Meet all position-specific expectations listed in the Campus Ministry Internship Position Descriptions.
1. Review the Campus Ministry Intern Positions
Campus Ministry Internship Position Descriptions
2. Attend an Information Session (Optional)
- Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 1 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 12 at 6 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 16 at 3 p.m.
*If you can’t attend an info session, you may email Seán Bray, email@example.com, for more information.
3. Submit your application & recommendation by Friday, Feb. 23, 2024.
One complete application form and one reference form is required in order for new applicants to be considered for a position. Please send the reference form link to your reference in advance of submitting the application so they have enough time to complete the form. Current Campus Ministry staff should not serve as references. Current interns are not required to have a reference.
Campus Ministry Intern Application
Applicants may be offered an in-person or virtual interview to learn more about your experiences and skills related to the positions to which you have applied. You can prepare for the interview with these resources for interview assistance and practice.
5. Final Decisions
Decision Letters will be sent to applicants no later than Tuesday, April 2, 2024.
Contracts due back: Wednesday, April 10, 2024.
Contact Seán Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-617-2838.