Since 2010, Loyola has not required applicants to submit SAT or ACT scores as part of their application for admission. We believe that students should have the ability to decide how best to present themselves to the admission committee and whether—or not—their standardized test results accurately reflect their academic ability, achievements, and potential.
At Loyola, we know the best predictor of a student's success in college is their academic record. Therefore, the school transcript continues to be the primary focus of our application review, with or without standardized test scores. If you choose not to submit scores, you'll still be eligible for admission to the Honors Program and to receive all available merit-based scholarships. Alternatively, if you believe your scores are a particularly strong component of your profile as an applicant, and representative of your academic achievements, then we encourage you to submit them with your application.
For additional information about our test-optional policy, please visit our Test-Optional Policy FAQ page.
Class of 2024 Test Score Profile:
(Data as of August 13, 2020)
- 35.7% of enrolled students in the Class of 2024 applied test optional
- The middle 50% of those who did submit scores had ranges of:
- SAT Evidence Based Reading & Writing: 580-670
- SAT Math: 560-660
- SAT Composite: 1150-1310
- ACT Composite: 25-30
Selecting a Test Score Preference
You will select your test score preference (submit test scores or apply test-optional) on Loyola's Member Screen on the Common Application. You may request a change after submitting the Common Application, if the request is sent to email@example.com prior to your chosen application deadline.
Loyola doesn't have a preference for the SAT or ACT, so you may submit either score (or both). We also superscore both tests: if you send us scores from multiple test dates, we'll take your highest score for each section of the ACT or SAT and consider those scores as we evaluate your application.
Submitting Test Scores
Loyola accepts both official and self-reported test scores. For applicants who would like their testing to be considered and submitted self-reported scores, please note that official test scores will be required upon enrollment. Any discrepancies from self-reported test scores could result in rescinding our offer of admission.
Submitting Official Test Scores
Official test scores can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Sent directly from the testing agency (SAT or ACT). Loyola's testing codes are (SAT: 5370 and ACT: 1708)
- Sent directly by the student's high school counselor via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sent directly by the student's high school counselor via notation on an official transcript
Submitting Self-Reported Test Scores
Self-reported test scores can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Entering scores in the testing section of the Common Application
- Sending scanned copies of score reports via email to email@example.com
- Uploading scanned copies of score reports to your Applicant Status Portal
Testing Deadlines for Scores to be Considered
||Latest SAT/ACT Test Date