The Center for Community, Service, and Justice sponsors events for Pre-Law students:
- Coffee and the Court – Listen to live oral arguments taking place at the U.S. Supreme Court while enjoying a cup of coffee and a sweet treat. CCSJ hosts Coffee & the Court periodically when the Court hears cases on relevant social issues. Students are invited to the CCSJ common space to sip, listen, and discuss the issues.
- Advocacy in Action – Watch livestreams of hearings, debates, and votes taking place in the Maryland General Assembly. Learn how to participate in the process and advocate for a more just and equitable world.
- Service Opportunities - CCSJ partners with area community groups, public and nonprofit organizations, schools, and initiatives in Baltimore City and beyond that provide learning, service, and scholarship opportunities for Loyola students to create positive impacts for a more just and equitable world.
- York Road Initiative – The York Road Initiative collaborates with neighbors and partners to produce positive change for all residents in the York Road community, focusing on education and youth development, building civic capacity, and strengthening the York Road commercial corridor. Loyola students can engage in service at community events (i.e. expungement clinics), advocate alongside community members for local policy changes, or attend community meetings.
- Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice – CCSJ partner, the Ignatian Solidarity Network, hosts an annual Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice in Washington, D.C. for members of the Ignatian family (Jesuit institutions and larger church) to gather in the context of social justice and solidarity to learn, reflect, pray, network, and advocate together. It is a place where people are empowered, re-energized, inspired, challenged, and supported by a community that sees faith and justice integrally linked.
For further information on these and other CCSJ sponsored events please contact:
Abbie Flanagan, J.D.
Assistant Director, Outreach & Advocacy
Center for Community, Service, + Justice
410-617-5352 \ email@example.com \ loyola.edu/ccsj