COVID-19 Application Procedures Announcement
Loyola will accept unofficial transcripts from your college/university during this time. Copies may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Science program is open to students from all undergraduate majors.
A student is expected to have had a college-level introductory statistics course. Students without an appropriate statistics background may satisfy the pre-requisite by taking ST210 – Introduction to Statistics (undergraduate), or DS510 – Applied Business Statistics, or an approved introductory statistics course at another institution. Students with an appropriate computer science background or programming experience may have the first computer science course in the program, CS 701: Introduction to Programming, waived.
A mathematics bootcamp prior to the start of the program may be required for students without sufficient mathematics background as determined by the program directors.
To learn more please contact the office of graduate admissions at email@example.com.
| Start Term
| Fall Semester
||Priority deadline May 15th but applications will continued to be reviewed on a space available basis.
| Spring Semester
Fall Semester - April 1 (ALL documents must be received by this date).
- Nonrefundable $60 application fee
- Official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions attended. The admission committee reserves the right to request official transcripts from universities where an applicant attended but did not complete a degree. Please note that not submitting all transcripts where courses have been completed could impact course waivers.
- All foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an approved evaluation service (naces.org)
- Essay: Describe how Loyola's graduate program in Data Science will help you fulfill your academic/professional goals.
- One professional/academic letter of recommendation (optional)
- Professional resume (optional)
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores are required if the student's native language is not English. Loyola's ETS code is 5370. Loyola requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80 or a 7 in all areas for the IELTS.
Please have your college(s) send your transcript(s) by mail or email to one of the addresses below.
Loyola University Maryland
Office of Graduate Admission
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or need help with the application process, please contact the Office of Graduate Admission at (410) 617-5020 or email at email@example.com.
Additional Application Information
It is the policy of departmental admission committees to give promising applicants the opportunity to undertake graduate work. A careful examination of an applicant's academic and professional qualifications precedes every admission decision. The committees look for previous academic achievement by considering an applicant's undergraduate and graduate records. Work experience is assessed through the presentation of a resume or vitae and professional references.
Applicants accepted for graduate study will be advised in writing. At the time of admission, individuals will be informed of any courses for which they have qualified for advanced standing and/or additional courses or prerequisites requiring completion before commencing their graduate studies. A program advisor who assists in planning a program of study will be assigned, and students are responsible for discussing any special needs they may have with their advisor.