Cyber Security Certificate
About the Cyber Security Certificate Program
A part-time, one-year, graduate certificate program open to any business professional seeking management-level certification and desiring to learn more about information assurance in the broader field of cyber security.
- One-year, part-time, weeknight classes
- Spring entry only, January start
- Offered at Columbia Graduate Center
- Five courses, 15 credits
- Transfer up to 12 credits to/from the Professional’s MBA
Please be aware that the Sellinger School of Business and Management at Loyola University Maryland is currently not offering the Cyber Security Certificate program and new applications to the program are not being accepted at this time. Please direct questions regarding a prior inquiry or application to the Office of Gradate Business Programs at 410-617-5067 or email@example.com.
A Managerial Approach to Cyber Security
The Cyber Security Certificate program is for those whose current or future professional responsibilities require them to ensure the security of data in such areas as banking, finance, technology, engineering, human resources, and other fields.
The program is designed to enhance the skills of working professionals through exposure to multiple technologies utilized in cyber security and information assurance; to develop leadership and enterprise-wide strategic thinking in cyber security policy development and procedures; and to produce graduates equipped with both the theoretical and hands-on experience required to be knowledgeable and proficient in cyber security at all management levels.
Learning outcomes for the Cyber Security Certificate program include the ability to select and implement security protocols in computer networks for local, national, and multinational organizations; the ability to describe underlying theories and strategies for securing computer networks; and the ability to develop and articulate strategic plans and policies for securing data and computer networks from inside and outside threats.
Cyber Security Certificate Career Path Options
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
Cyber Security Certificate Estimated Program Costs
- Program tuition and fees: $13,950.00*
- Program books and supplies: $750.00*
- Off-campus room and board: $26,400.00
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2015-16 rates.
Cyber Security Certificate Financing
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2014-15, this information may not be disclosed.
Cyber Security Certificate Success
- Program length: This 15-credit program is designed to take 12 months (Spring-Summer-Fall) to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2014-15, this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
(Download this information)