- Full-time (June-August), 12-week certificate program.
- For graduates seeking additional knowledge in the advanced aspects of the accounting field while providing additional hours toward meeting the 150-credit-hour requirements of most state CPA licensing authorities.
- This 12-credit program is designed to take one semester over the course of three months to complete. Students may request to apply the 4 courses towards the 10-course requirement of the MAcc within certain restrictions.
- Classes will be offered during the day at Loyola's Evergreen campus.
About the Program
Entering the Accounting profession today requires more than an undergraduate degree. Virtually every state has adopted the 150-hour education requirement for licensure as a Certified Public Accountant in addition to successful performance on the CPA examination. Loyola's Accounting Certificate Program is designed for recent Accounting graduates who want immediate, high-quality coursework relevant to the profession to help complete the 150-hour requirement in time to start their careers without delay.
This four-course, graduate level program is delivered in an twelve week period ending in mid-summer following graduation. The courses have been developed in consultation with key employers in both public accounting and corporate and non-profit segments of the profession. In Maryland, the 12 graduate credits earned in the program count as 18 hours toward the 150-hour requirement.
Possible Career Paths
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
Estimated Program Costs
- Program tuition and fees: $12,205*
- Estimated program books and supplies: $600*
- Off-campus room and board: $6,600
- On-campus room and board: $5,040
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2016-17 rates. Rates are subject to change.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2015-16, this information may not be disclosed.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2015-16, this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: The job placement rate is not required for this program.
(Download this information).